Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas playland

Mom: You should see where I am. I’m in a giant room. It’s a Christmas playland full of cotton and all the things I love. So many levels and I don’t know where to sit because everything is so comfortable. So many gifts, too. Do I take one? I don’t want to be greedy. Will people judge me if I take one?

A few minutes later –
Mom: This is all Christmas themed.  It’s beautiful. I could get all my shopping done here. I’ll take one of these and one of those…

After a long pause –
Mom, in a robot voice: Greetings from Level 94. Greetings from Level 118.
Mom, in a normal voice: They make these little signs to inspire the workers and try to give them a feeling of cohesiveness. This is Greetings from Levels 94. 94 all like each other and work well together. Here’s what they make. This is..they look like little Smurfs. Little yellow and black pieces. Actually, they look pretty pathetic. Or adorable. They’re so ugly they’re adorable. That’s what makes them marketable. ‘Adopt a really ugly pet.’ People’s first reaction will be ‘Eeew! Awww.’  ‘Eeew! Aww.’…. ‘Eeew! Wait…Aww.’ They’re black with yellow spots. All their appendages are short.  

No comments:

Post a Comment