Thursday, December 16, 2010

beer bitch

Mom's home from the hospital now and mostly just taking acetaminophen, but she still comes out with some wackiness.  

Important things to know for this one: 
1) We've given Mom a bell to ring if she needs us and we're asleep or far away.
2) Libby is a cat.



It's about 2am and Leah hears the bell ring repeatedly.
Leah: What do you need, Mom?
(The bell rings again)
Leah (who just fell asleep and has to get up in 3 hours):  What do you need, Mom? 
Mom: I need to report a violation.
Leah: What?
Mom: I need to report a violation. Libby won't get me a beer.
Leah: What the crap are you talking about?
Mom: Libby isn't a good beer bitch.
Leah: Seriously? This is why you rang the bell? Julie, you need to get out here. Mom needs to report a violation and I need to get some sleep.
Mom: Libby isn't a good beer bitch. Maybe I need to pay her more.
Julie: Mom, we're going to take your bell away. I don't think you understand what the bell is for.

Mom gets settled and we go back to sleep. About ten minutes later the bell rings again.

Leah: What, Mom?
Mom: Goddamn Mississippi River. 

No comments:

Post a Comment